Rare PowerGUI 2.2 debugger problem

After upgrading to PowerGUI 2.2, which I use for developing Powershell scripts, I encountered a problem with the new debugger. I got it fixed, and am delighted with this version of PowerGUI.

But then a couple months later I fired up a VM that I hadn’t used for a while. I tried to debug a script and–BAM!–there was the error again. Then I had to go searching for the solution again.

So here’s my reminder, which may also help those rare people who have this problem.

Breakpoints don’t work at all if debugging a script contained in a directory that has certain special characters in its name. This is related to the same Powershell issue I blogged about at:

https://surroundingthecode.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/powershell-file-names-special-characters-frustration-eventually/

The solution is to simply put the script into a different directory, one with no unusual characters in the directory name.

Read more here: http://poshoholic.com/2010/10/21/powergui-pro-and-powergui-2-2-are-now-available/

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: